With all the photos new moms share, humans are pretty used to seeing babies everywhere. But in the animal world, it’s a little different. Mothers work overtime to keep their children safely hidden until they are grown and defend themselves.
It’s because of these protective mamas that there are some baby animals we never get a chance to see! It’s a shame too, because they are just as adorable as you would imagine.
1. Baby walrus!
2. Baby platypuses are so cute I could die.
3. Baby chinchilla.
4. Baby otter.
5. Baby armadillo. Squeal!
6. Baby salamander.
7. Baby koala.
8. Baby badger.
9. This baby octopus fits on the tip of your finger!
10. Baby kangaroo in the pouch.
11. Baby kangaroo…in shorts!
12. Baby stingray. It almost looks like he’s smiling!
13. Baby fruit bat.
14. Baby boars. They don’t look so tough now!
15. Baby reindeer.
16. Baby ferret.
17. Baby prairie dogs, probably watching Saturday morning cartoons together.
18. Baby chameleon.
19. Baby flamingos. I used to think they were born pink!
20. Baby anteater.
21. Baby sloth.
22. Baby porcupine.
23. Baby parrot.
24. Baby bison.
25. Baby moose.
26. Baby meerkat.
27. Baby mini-horse (yes, they exist!).
28. Baby sea turtle.
29. Baby echidna, also known as a “puggle.”
30. Another baby bison for good measure!
32. More baby walruses never hurt anyone.
33. Baby macaws. They look so happy!
34. Baby meerkat.
35. Baby mountain lions. So fuzzy!
36. More baby reindeer. Can’t Christmas come early this year?!
I want to adopt those baby reindeer! I wonder what other cuties are wandering out there in the wild world that we never get a chance to see!